Wednesday 9 April 2014

Beer #213 - Purity Longhorn IPA

I first came across Purity last year when I picked up a bottle of their Mad Goose at The Rugby Tap but the opportunity to try a second of their beers didn’t come my way until last week. I went for a Friday night, post-work drink at the Castle in Farringdon with a couple of colleagues and spotted Longhorn IPA on keg. I rarely go for keg beers but I didn’t want to pass this opportunity up so had a couple of pints. It poured a lovely orange colour with a slight haze and a white head. It had a good hoppy nose as you’d probably expect. The taste was bitter, zesty orange with grapefruit and quite a bitter, dry finish. It was served a bit too cold for my taste but that is presumably down to the fact that it was kegged. On the whole it’s a nice, drinkable IPA although definitely pushing it with the bitterness.

Brewery: Purity Brewing Company
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 5.0%

No comments:

Post a Comment