Thursday 7 May 2015

Beer #413 - Siren Love of Work

As soon as I heard about Siren's Love of Work I knew it was a beer I'd have to track down. It wasn't too difficult as I picked up a bottle at Bottledog on Gray's Inn Road shortly afterwards. Unfortunately it's likely to be my last purchase from the shop for a while as my office has moved and its no longer local to me, which is a bit upsetting. Anyway I digress. This is a session IPA brewed with Earl Grey tea and according to the blurb, dry-hopped with Amarillo, Citra and Centennial. The aroma on this, as with most Siren pale ales, was asbolutely - wonderful tropical fruitiness. The flavour is hop-forward with some grapfruit and lemon notes along with a very, very subtle hint of bergamot. It is however very dry particularly on the finish which takes any of the hoppy zing out of the beer and slightly marrs it for me. It's good but for me it is some distance from Siren's best.

Brewery: Siren Craft Brew
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 3.6%

No comments:

Post a Comment