Friday 13 September 2013

Beer #53 - Laško Dark (FYR Special!)

Pivovarna Laško is Slovenia’s largest brewery and at the fall of Yugoslavia was the largest brewery in the country at that time. I’m unable to ascertain whether it is the largest in the Former Yugoslav Republics but it’s beer is so widely available that I’d be surprised if it wasn’t. I’d previously tried Laško Zlatorog, the brewery’s signature lager and it’ll feature in a forthcoming post. Laško Dark was a new one on me and as I was keen on trying some more dark lagers on this holiday I was happy to see that it was widely available in bars and supermarkets in Macedonia. I enjoyed this one, it’s fairly smooth as you’d expect and made a very pleasant change from drinking light lager. I picked up quite a strong coffee taste which doesn’t really suit me ordinarily.



Brewery: Pivovarna Laško
Country: Slovenia
ABV: 5.9%

No comments:

Post a Comment