Tuesday 15 October 2013

Beer #91 - She Sells Sea Shells

On Saturday I went for a walk in the country in Surrey and stopped off at the Carpenters Arms. The pub is owned by Westerham brewery, so naturally I went for the solitary guest ale as is my wont. It was the interestingly monikered She Sells Sea Shells brewed by Gadd’s Ramsgate Brewery in East Kent and described on the clip as a ‘light summer ale’. As seems to be in vogue…this was another one very strong on the citrus side with big grapefruit and lime flavours and thus I didn’t enjoy it, it was just far too bitter for me. A light summer ale suggests something that should be very easy drinking, the flavours in this one were just far too strong to justify that description in my opinion.

 
 
 
 
Brewery: Gadd’s Ramsgate Brewery
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 4.7%

No comments:

Post a Comment