Monday 20 January 2014

Beer #167 - St Peter's Mild

A Friday night post-work trip to the Jerusalem Tavern, the St Peter’s owned pub in Clerkenwell. I’ve posted a few St Peter’s beers on here previously and I’m a big fan. I always like to try something new when visiting the Jerusalem Tavern as they usually offer around a dozen of the breweries range. In addition to a pint of St P’s Best Bitter I went for a pint of Mild. There was a time when (to my understanding) men drank mild. All of the time. Just mild. It’s fall in popularity has been so dramatic that, these days, seeing mild on offer is something of a novelty. St Peter’s Mild is very smooth and pours a deep tawny brown. Not having had anything like this before it took me half a pint or so before I really got the hang of what I was drinking. It's got a nice malty character with a bit of fruitiness, nutiness and a hint of chocolate almost. Whilst it's good on the flavour side its the mouthfeel that I didn't really get on with.


Brewery: St Peter's Brewery
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 3.7%

No comments:

Post a Comment