Sunday 9 March 2014

Beer #195 - The Kernel London Sour

Beer five of 11 from my visit to the Bermondsey Beer Mile. On to the Kernel next and between my friends and I we went for the London Sour and the Oak Aged Saison as well as an IPA that I havepreviously posted. The Kernel is the only Bermondsey brewery that I had previously visited and on that occasion I had had a taste of one of their sour beers that kicked everything I knew about beer out of the window. I’ve subsequently visited Cantillon in Brussels and done some reading so my awareness and knowledge of sour beers has increased a little bit since then (from nothing, admittedly). My theory is that there are three stages to drinking a sour beer. The first I call ‘JEEZ THAT’S SOUR’, the second I call, ‘acceptance’, the third I call ‘enjoyment’. The London Sour pours a hazy yellow with a slight white head. The nose is tart lemon with a little bit of wheat. It’s sharp and sour, very tart yet fresh and drinkable. It made for quite a nice palate cleanser almost as it cut through the heavy hoppiness of the previous couple of beers. I’m not sure I’d choose it in a pub as yet but it was good to try in a setting like this.
 
Brewery: The Kernel Brewery Country:
United Kingdom
ABV: 3.8%
 

No comments:

Post a Comment