Thursday 22 May 2014

Beer #240 - Beavertown Gamma Ray

On the weekend I went to Barcelona for a mates stag ‘do’ which necessitated a flight from Gatwick and therefore a train to the airport. I was travelling out with a friend who offered to pick up some train beers so I sent him off to BottleDog to pick up a couple of bottles and he came through with some excellent stuff. First up was Beavertown’s signature APA Gamma Ray with its stupendously cool label. Really, look at that bottle; it’s a thing of sheer beauty. I think I wax slightly more lyrically about Beavertown every time I post about their beers but I just love what they do and quite frankly I’m disappointed in myself that it’s taken me this long to try Gamma Ray. As I was drinking out of the bottle I couldn’t get a decent waft on the aroma but what I could take in promised tropical fruits with some pine. The flavour again is lovely and fruity with bitter orange alongside a sweeter flavour of pineapple and some piney bitterness on the finish. It’s another superbly well made and finely balanced APA that is really very drinkable. Oh, and on the subject of Barcelona I've got some Catalan beery goodness coming up in the not-to-distant future!

Brewery: Beavertown Brewery
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 5.4%


No comments:

Post a Comment