Sunday 13 July 2014

Beer #274 - Black Sheep Velo

In my head Black Sheep has always been synonymous with slightly crap bottled ales most commonly available in your local supermarket. A bit unfair perhaps but if I can’t be honest on my own blog, where can I be? Anyway I was back at the The Compton Arms in Islington to watch the World Cup semi-final on Wednesday and this was one of their guest offerings. I always go for the guests at that pub and what with this being another Tour de France themed beer I quickly ordered a pint. Now this, this is a pretty decent beer. It poured a light and slightly hazy amber and was malty on the nose. The flavour was good and I picked up subtle orange from the hops with some gentle spicing. Did it blow me away? No. Was it enough to alter my perception of Black Sheep as a brewery? Quite possibly.

Brewery: Black Sheep Brewery
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 4.2%

No comments:

Post a Comment