Thursday 24 July 2014

Beer #278 - Bath Wild Hare

Bath Ales' Gem is quite possibly my favourite cask beer but shamefully, it has taken me until now to try another of their beers. I was fairly confident that, given how much I like Gem, I'd enjoy the brewery's other stuff too so I picked up this bottle at the fancy new Waitrose store in Hereford (which has a truly excellent beer selection, it's worth adding). I was not to be disappointed. The beer pours a clear golden colour and has a beautiful floral aroma with some sweet honey notes. The flavour is bitter with citrus hops and some floral notes that also come through, all nicely balanced with a hint of caramel sweetness. Really very drinkable and really very delicious, it's so refreshing to drink a high quality bottle of ale like this.


Brewery: Bath Ales
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 5.0%

No comments:

Post a Comment