Saturday 6 September 2014

Beer #310 - Clarence & Fredericks Golden Ale

Last week I caught up with some of my friends at the always excellent Harp in central London. In saying that, the pub was recently acquired by Fullers so I did have some concerns that things would change for the worse but as yet, they thankfully haven’t. I went for a pint of Clarence & Fredericks’ Golden Ale and this one seemed to be a special edition single-hopped Citra version (the beer is ordinarily brewed with four hops). Clarence & Fredericks is a family-owned brewery based in Croydon that opened in 2012. This Golden Ale poured almost impossibly clear and had a subtle citrus aroma. In flavour it was fairly bitter, particularly on the finish, with grassy and citrus fruit notes. For me it was a bit too light in body, although the flavours were good it could have been more robust.

Brewery: Clarence & Fredericks
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 3.8%

No comments:

Post a Comment