Thursday 11 September 2014

Beer #318 - Hook Norton Hooky

Hook Norton is an Oxfordshire brewery that sells quite a lot of beer in my home of Herefordshire (at least I assume they do; there was always a lot of their beer around). As such I've got something of a soft spot for it as it was one of the breweries that provided my real ale education. You don’t see their beer quite so often in London so when given the chance of a pint of Hooky last week I gladly took it. Hooky is the Hook Norton’s best bitter, indeed it used to simply be known as ‘Best Bitter’, subsequently being re-named ‘Hooky Bitter’ and finally simply ‘Hooky’. It pours an attractive golden brown and the nose is lovely floral hops. Flavour-wise its malt-forward with wonderful burnt-caramel notes balanced with a rich earthiness and at 3.5% ABV it’s perfect for a session.

Brewery: Hook Norton
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 3.5%

No comments:

Post a Comment