Thursday 16 October 2014

Beer #333 - Siren Biere De Gouttiere

Incredibly this is the first ever beer from Siren that has featured on the blog (and indeed, the first ever Siren beer I've tried). I kind of feel like I need to make an excuse for that given their prominence in the UK scene and given all of the excellent stuff I've heard about them, but quite simply I don't drink quite enough beer to keep up with everything that is going on. I picked this bottle up at BottleDog a few weeks ago and cracked it open this week. If you'd have asked me what a saison was 18 months ago I'd have looked at you blankly but it has fast become one of my favourite styles. This is a really good beer. It pours a hazy golden colour with a lovely aroma of citrus and the yeasty notes that you'd expect from a saison. The flavour is wonderful, citrus notes again and some good spicing. The hop balance is bang on and its crisp and refreshing. Wonderful.

Brewery: Siren Craft Brew
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 4.4%

No comments:

Post a Comment