Thursday 8 January 2015

Beer #368 - Bath Dark Side

As per my Golden Pints 2014 Bath are responsible for Gem, my favourite cask ale, but having recently had a bottle of the same beer I was left pretty disappointed at the contrast between the cask and bottle versions. Still, I took a chance on this one when I found it available in Hereford's Morrisons store in their 3 for £5 deal. Dark Side is a sweet stout, it pours as a stout should, black with a fluffy tan head. It's pretty light in body and dare I say a bit on the thin side. The aroma is coffee as is the flavour although it's met with a lingering sweetness. I prefer my stouts on the chocolatey side and like something a bit more robust than this. A fair crack and as with yesterdays post on the Adnams dry hopped lager, to find this available cheaply in a massive supermarket is pretty ace.

Brewery: Bath Ales
Country: United kingdom
ABV: 4.0%

No comments:

Post a Comment