Saturday 10 January 2015

Beer #370 - Hereford Herefordshire Owd Bull

Herefordshire's best-known brewery is undoubtedly Wye Valley but within the city of Hereford itself you can find the Hereford Brewery. A microbrewery that is attached to The Victory pub, the brewery was previously known as Spinning Dog prior to a recent re-brand. When I still lived in Herefordshire I was a regular at the excellent pub quiz held at the Victory and a decent break over Christmas allowed me the chance to return. I went for a pint of Owd Bull, the brewery's best bitter. I was gobsmacked to be charged just £2.60 for a pint, I know it is produced on-site which no doubt reduces the cost but to find a decent pint for less than 3 quid is a real rarity these days, for me at least. Anyway this beer was a solid bitter with the malt very prominent, so right up my street. Nothing really there in the way of hop character but I enjoyed it nontheless and at £2.60 a pint you're laughing.

Brewery: Hereford Brewery
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 3.9%

No comments:

Post a Comment