Monday 12 January 2015

Beer #372 - Fix Hellas Dark Premium

This one has been knocking around for a few months since my girlfriend picked it up for me in Cyprus. I previously reviewed the Fix lager which didn't really have any redeeming features, so I was a little unsure about this one. Much to my surprise, it was actually very good. I've tried one or two dark lagers and this is probably the best I've had so far. It poured a dark brown and had a pleasing aroma of roasted malts. The flavour was very pleasant, dominated by some lovely coffee notes. I was also concerned that it might have been a bit thin but the mouthfeel was pretty much bang on for a beer of this type, medium-bodied yet not overbearing. A very pleasant surprise.




Brewery: Olympic Brewery
Country: Greece
ABV: 5.2%

No comments:

Post a Comment