Saturday 17 January 2015

Beer #378 - Southwark Bitter Sweet

From a pale ale the Kernel to something completely different at our next stop in Bermondsey, a half of Southwark Brewing's Bitter Sweet. I am yet to hear of anyone that is enamoured with what Southwark are brewing, I definitely think a more traditional brewery in Southwark is a great addition but to fit in the beers have to be way above average and my experience so far tells me that they just aren't. Bitter Sweet was a slightly odd beast although the description was fairly accurate! It has a very strong sweetness initially with a flavour that I can't quite put my finger on - almost like a sugar syrup. It's quite thin in body and has a thwack of bitterness in the finish. Really quite a strange beer.



Brewery: Southwark Brewing Co.
Country: United Kingdom
ABV:%

No comments:

Post a Comment