Wednesday 4 February 2015

Beer #383 - Sando Stout

Almost a year to the day since I went to Sri Lanka I figured it was appropriate to finally crack open this can of Sando Stout that I brought back with me. I picked this up at what is best described as a small hut with a tiny beer-dispensing window, as is often the way when it comes to buying booze in Sri Lanka (you can read my guide to beer in the country here), and particularly enjoyed the comedy muscular guy on the can. Anyway this is a very decent, robust stout that the Sri Lankans seem quite adept at producing. Big coffee flavour and a big boozey, rum-like hit with some chocolatey hints too - this would sell very well if it was produced in say...Bermondsey, with a fancy label. Very good and don't hesitate to pick one up if you're in Sri Lanka (although it's not as good as Lion Stout).

Brewery: Millers Brewery
Country: Sri Lanka
ABV: 8.8%

No comments:

Post a Comment