Saturday 28 February 2015

Beer #389 - 961 Red Ale

This is a pretty cool beer that my girlfriend brought back for me from a recent trip to Lebanon. She invariably brings me back something interesting, including regular gifts of Taybeh, and whilst in Beirut she came across 961 Beer. The brewery was established during the 2006 siege of Lebanon and has grown quite dramatically since, mixing traditional styles with some more interesting stuff. Their website is well worth a browse. I don't normally go for red ales but this was a pretty decent effort. It has a nice malty aroma with nutty, toffee flavours and a hint of spice. It's also a fantastic red colour as you can see from the picture! If you find yourself in the Middle East and fed up with bad lager I'd definitely seek 961 out.



Brewery: 961 Beer
Country: Lebanon
ABV: 5.5%

No comments:

Post a Comment