Tuesday 3 March 2015

Beer #391 - Thornbridge Wild Swan

I was quite taken aback on my most recent visit to my regular Wednesday night haunt The Compton Arms to see beers from both Thornbridge and Oakham on the bar. Decent guest ales aren't unheard of at the Greene King pub as some of my previous posts demonstrate, but this was great! At 3.5% ABV this was significantly lighter than any Thornbridge beers I had previously tried. It's a very crisp and clean and therefore refreshing ale but I found it lacked the hoppy punch that I've come to associate with the brewery. By no means a bad one with some pleasant citrus notes, it's probably better suited to a warm summer evening than a cold Wednesday night in February.



Brewery: Thornbridge
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 3.5%

No comments:

Post a Comment