Friday 3 April 2015

Beer #402 - Leičių IPA

In my previous post I featured a Vilnius brewpub and this post features another, Alinė Leičiai. This place is clean and modern yet has some lovely touches that make it feel homely and comfortable. The brewing kit is visible through large glass windows and they have also decorated a wall by the toilets with a 'periodic table of beer styles' which is quite a nice touch. Each table in the pub has its own tap dispensing the brewery's lager - each tap has a counter so you can pour your own beer, drink as much as you like and pay for it when you leave. I've never seen anything like it before. I was more interested in what they had on the bar, where much to my surprise they had a line of hand pumps. I went for the IPA which poured a murky orangey-red colour. It had a big tropical fruit aroma but the initial flavour was far more flowery/perfumery and bordering on the bizarre. Not bad by any means, just quite different. The bitter fruit flavours were there but were dominated by that floral taste. I drank the whole pint and couldn't really decide whether it was genius or not. As an aside, my girlfriend tried the porter which was very solid. If you're interested in visiting the brewpub is located at Stiklių g. 4.

Brewery: Alinė Leičiai
Country: Lithuania
ABV: 6.2%


No comments:

Post a Comment