Friday 17 April 2015

Beer #405 - Clarence & Fredericks Cascadian Black

I paid a ridiculous £2.29 for this pint in my local Wetherspoons, the Fox on the Hill. Clarence & Fredericks is a Croydon brewery so south London-ish it is probably fair to say. Based on the clip and beer name I was anticipating either a stout or porter or, possibly, a black IPA. It was probably closer to the latter, and indeed it is listed as a black IPA on RateBeer, although it poured a dark reddy-brown colour rather than the black that I was anticipating. The flavour was dominated by the malt with caramel notes most prominent and a mildly bitter finish. For me the hopping was quite delicate and it felt more like a slightly bitter bitter, pretty good but possibly a bit jumbled!



Brewery: Clarence & Fredericks
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 5.0%

No comments:

Post a Comment