Tuesday 10 September 2013

Beer #50 - Skopsko Svetlo Pivo (FYR Special!)

It makes sense to start my posts on Macedonia with Skopsko. The beer is the dominant player with (according to wiki) a 64% market share in the country. It is brewed in the capital at Pivara Skopje which became part of the Heineken group in the 1990s. As with most of the forthcoming posts it’s a ‘svetlo pivo’, a light beer, or to you and me, a fairly crappy European lager (I don’t really know how I’m going to find enough to stay about most of these beers as they all taste more or less the same to me!) Skopsko is served pretty much everywhere in Macedonia, I found it quite bitter in taste for a light lager and therefore not quite so quaffable/inoffensive as most beers of this style. It was okay but, where possible, I went for an alternative option.

  

Brewery: Pivara Skopje
County: FYR of Macedonia
ABV: 4.9%

No comments:

Post a Comment