Thursday 19 September 2013

Beer #62 - Morland Old Speckled Hen

Last week I spent a couple of days at Loughborough University playing in a touch rugby competition. A lot of drinking was done in the Student Union bar which I was largely dreading as they tend to offer lager and not much else. Whilst I was initially pleased to spot that they had bottles of Old Speckled Hen on the go, they were kept in the fridge and were so bloody cold that they’d taken just about any possible enjoyment out of the beer! It’s a shame that student bars still stick to serving terrible drinks despite the rise in popularity of decent beer and that nothing seems to have changed since my student days. Old Speckled Hen was brewed by Morland in Oxfordshire until 2000 when the brewer was taken over by Greene King and production was moved to Suffolk. It’s hard to comment on the beer here anyway, I’ve had Old Speckled Hen many times before and no that it’s a solid British ale but I struggled to enjoy this one.

 Brewery: Greene King
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 5.2%

No comments:

Post a Comment