Wednesday 25 September 2013

Beer #69 - Kernel Pale Ale Motueka Centennial Nelson Sauvin Zeus

Back in July I went to the Kernel Brewery in Bermondsey and picked up a handful of beers. I had mixed views on the ones I’ve featured so far and I finally finished the last of my haul over a dinner last week. The last was another version of their Pale Ale, this one made with a variety of different hops, unlike the single-hop Cascade version that I featured previously. In that post I said that I probably needed to get used to big hoppy flavours before I’m able to fully appreciate them. I’m not sure if my exposure to bigger flavours since then has helped or whether this beer is just more to my taste, but this version was absolutely superb. I think I’m going to have to get hold of more single-hop beers to try and figure out more about the flavours, how they work together and which ones are to my taste. And now I’ve finally finished my stash I’ll have to get back to the Kernel soon.


Brewery: The Kernel Brewery
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 5.3%

No comments:

Post a Comment