Saturday 26 October 2013

Beer #105 - St Peter’s Extra (Wetherspoons Autumn Festival Special!)

Another festival beer that I was very keen to track down over the two weeks was St Peter’s Extra. I’ve documented my love for St Peter’sBrewery in a few previous posts. This beer was brewed exclusively for the festival for the first time since 2008. It’s a dark ale in the classic ‘best bitter’ mould. The Wetherspoons tastings notes say caramel but I found this almost chocolatey, it’s very rich. There is a mild spice to it but it’s not the predominant flavour. I wish there were more beers like this around but with the ongoing invasion of new world hops you don’t find enough beers like this one around.

 
 
 
 

Brewery: St Peter’s Brewery
Country: United Kingdom 
ABV: 4.4%

No comments:

Post a Comment