Tuesday 29 October 2013

Beer #108 - Camden Gentleman's Wit

Last week I went to The Slaughtered Lamb in Clerkenwell to watch the excellent Otis Gibbs, a country singer from Wanamaker, Indiana. The Slaughtered Lamb is yet another pub in the Clerkenwell area that prides itself on its beer selection. They had a couple of Camden beers on tap that I hadn't previously tried. First up I had a Gentleman’s Wit. This is a wheat beer flavoured with lemons and bergamot. I’m far from a wheat beer connoisseur, in fact I’m 98% certain that you could count the number of wheat beers I’ve drunk on one hand. This was really excellent though and it’s certainly made me want to try more. The lemon flavour is very prevalent and there is a definite spiciness to it too. Very good.




Brewery: Camden Town Brewery
Country: United Kingdom
ABV:  4.3%

No comments:

Post a Comment