Monday 4 November 2013

Beer #116 - Fordham Copperhead Ale

Last week I went to Jetlag, a sports bar in Fitzrovia which is one of the more bizarre establishments I’d been to and not somewhere I’d hurry back to. The main room of the bar was occupied by a Halloween party so anybody who was there to watch sport was confined to a small bar. There was an odd selection of beers available, all of which was far too expensive. I thought I may as well try something a bit different if I was going to spend a load of money, so I first went for a Fordham Copperhead Ale. Fordham is a craft brewery from Annapolis, Maryland. I’ve never spotted their beer before in the UK so finding it here was quite odd in itself. Anyway my Copperhead Ale was far and away the blandest US beer I’ve ever tasted. Not to say I didn’t enjoy it because I did, it was just very nothingy, but sometimes that’s good, it was a bit malty but not much going on in the way of hops. Try if: you want something light and inoffensive. Do not try if: you want a big hoppy American beer.

Brewery: Fordham Brewing Company
Country: USA
ABV: 4.7%

No comments:

Post a Comment