Saturday 23 November 2013

Beer #127 - Taybeh Dark

My first ever post on this blog featured a beer from Palestine’s only brewery and I’m now able to add a second beer from the village of Taybeh, thanks to my girlfriend who brought this one back for me from a recent work trip. This dark lager is one of five styles brewed in Taybeh and is brewed in the German dunkler bock style. Despite my increasing appreciation of porters and stouts I haven’t yet been able to get my head around dark lagers. This was certainly quite interesting with the roasted malts providing most of the flavour and quite a bit of smokiness to it yet also a hint of sweetness. I think I’ll stick to Taybeh Golden should I find myself in Palestine again but it was great to try another beer from the brewery.

 

Brewery: Taybeh Brewing Company
Country: Palestine
ABV: 6.0%

No comments:

Post a Comment