Friday 22 November 2013

Beer #126 - Beavertown Dishoom India Pale Ale

A couple of weeks ago I paid my first visit to the much-hyped Dishoom, a ‘Bombay Café’ in Shoreditch that pays homage to the establishments opened in by Persian immigrants in Mumbai at the start of the 20th Century. The food was absolutely delicious but this is a beer blog so I won’t harp on about that. My beverage of choice was the Dishoom India Pale Ale, brewed specially for the restaurant by Beavertown Brewery in Hackney. I’ve heard a lot of good things about Beavertown yet this was the first beer of theirs I’d tried and I was suitably impressed. It’s a rye IPA which gives it something a bit different but it still has plenty of hoppy character as you’d expect. It’s a pretty robust IPA that pairs very well indeed with the food and a welcome alternative to the lagers that you’d usually drink with Indian food.

 
Brewery: Beavertown Brewery
Country: United Kingom
ABV: 5.1%


No comments:

Post a Comment