Friday 22 November 2013

Beer #125 - Hardknott Infra Red

I’d had this bottle knocking around for a while, since the Sainsburys Great British Beer Challenge in fact, so it was high time I got around to drinking it. I took it with me to a local BYO Thai restaurant (Mama Thai on the Walworth Road, since you ask). Unfortunately when the poor waiter opened it the beer exploded and over half of the bottle emptied out onto the floor. Having just had a look at the Ratebeer entry for the beer it seems I’m not alone in experiencing this. Anyway what remained of my poor Hardknott Infra Red poured rather a dark red, hence the name I suppose. The beer itself was seriously hoppy and not at all to my taste with an incredibly bitter finish. Not for me I’m afraid.

 
 
 

Brewery: Hardknott
Country: United Kingdom
ABV:  6.5%

No comments:

Post a Comment