Monday 25 November 2013

Beer #130 - Holt's Maplemoon

This past weekend I went to Whitstable with some friends. I’ve not really been to Kent before and Whitstable is a very nice little seaside town with some excellent pubs and plenty of good seafood around. What possessed me to drink a beer from Manchester whilst in Kent, the mecca of British hops, I’m not quite sure, but there we go. If you are a regular reader (I don’t think I have any regular readers, it’s just a phrase) you may have noted that I quite regularly make stupid beer choices. Holt’s Maplemoon was a pretty nondescript bitter. Malty, but sadly lacking the ‘twinkle of maple’ that was promised on the clip and what sold the beer to me. It’s quite possible that the beer suffered from the long journey south as it was pretty thin. After drinking this I promptly went to the shop and bought some beers from the town’s own Whitstable Brewery to atone for my sins.
 
Brewery: Joseph Holt of Manchester
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 4.3%

No comments:

Post a Comment