Wednesday 27 November 2013

Beer #131 - Beavertown Stingy Jack

After my positive experience with Beavertown’s Dishoom IPA a couple of weeks ago I picked up a couple more of their beers from the excellent Royal Mile Whiskies in Bloomsbury. The shop is well worth a look if you happen to be nearby. As the name suggest it predominantly deals in whisky but also has an excellent range of London and Scottish beers. The first I drank was Stingy Jack, a spiced pumpkin ale. I picked this one largely on the basis of the excellent label, which I have tried to photograph in it's entirety! This was also another first for me: my first ever pumpkin ale. It had a rather distinctive flavour, the pumpkin lending it an almost creamy feel. It was very strongly spiced with ginger and cinnamon coming through but a predominant nutmeg flavour. I also found it quite sweet. I enjoyed it but I’m not sure I could have managed another bottle, for me it was a bit too heavy on nutmeg and I’d have preferred the spicing to be a bit more subtle. Good nonetheless.

Brewery: Beavertown Brewery
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 7.2%

No comments:

Post a Comment