Thursday 28 November 2013

Beer #132 - Whitstable Raspberry Wheat

As per a previous post I spent last weekend in Whitstable, on the Kent coast. This was one of the local beers I tried whilst there, from Whitstable Brewery, a small independent brewery in the town. They seem to have quite a lot of support locally. In amongst all of the Shepherd Neame beer, there was Whitstable stuff in several pubs I looked in and I picked this bottle up from a bottle shop on the high street. The beer itself was reasonably good. A hazy wheat beer with a pinkish hue from the raspberries. In terms of flavour it was quite sharp and apart from that the raspberries didn’t really come through on the palate which is a shame. I enjoyed it but was expecting a bit more fruitiness.

 

Brewery: Whitstable Brewery
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 5.2%

No comments:

Post a Comment