Monday 23 December 2013

Beer #141 - Cristal Alken

A few weekends ago I went to Brussels for a weekend to visit my girlfriend's brother, who is living there at the moment. Naturally I took the opportunity to try a few Belgian beers. Despite having visited Belgium quite a few times in the past I've not ventured into Belgian beer anywhere near as much as I probably should have. It's with some disappointment that I have to report that this was the first beer I tried on arrival. Cristal Alken is a pretty generic lager from the Alken-Maes brewery, owned by Heineken. In my defence I had this one at a streetside seafood stall which was truly excellent and this was the only beer available. Whilst the beer itself wasn't anything to write home about it did go quite well with the deep-dried seafood that it accompanied.



Brewery: Brouwerijen Alken-Maes
Country: Belgium
ABV: 4.7%


No comments:

Post a Comment