Tuesday 31 December 2013

Beer #146 - Hoegaarden

Upon returning for Belgium I was heading to a friend’s house for dinner and with limited time I only had the chance to pick up something to drink at Sainsburys in Tottenham Court Road. Unsurprisingly there isn’t much of a beer focus at this particular branch and after a weekend of drinking some pretty robust beers I fancied something a bit lighter, so picked up a bottle of Hoegaarden. Now witbier is a style that I definitely would like to get to know more. I know Hoegaarden is a mass-produced beer etc. but it’s also a pretty good one. Light, refreshing and crisp with some nice tart lemon and just the merest hint of spice, I really enjoyed this bottle when it isn’t really one I’d usually pick up.





Brewery: Brouwerij Hoegaarden
Country: Belgium
ABV: 4.9%

No comments:

Post a Comment