Saturday 11 January 2014

Beer #165 - Pauwel Kwak

Pauwel Kwak was one of the beers I hauled back from my recent Belgium trip. Widely available in supermarkets and stuff I think this bottle cost me about 1 Euro 60, which for a bottle of quality 8% beer is absolutely insanely cheap, especially when you consider the prices of certain beers in London bottle shops. Unfortunately I didn’t have time to write a lot about my Belgian beer adventures and I ended posting a load of photo-only posts, but I aim to fill in the blanks one day! Anyway I cracked this one open last Sunday. This is a full-bodied, fruity beer, with some nice caramel malt that gives it quite a sweet flavour. Having said that, there is something in here that I don’t really get on with, that gives the beer quite an odd flavour. I can’t quite put my finger on it but unfortunately it doesn’t compare favourably to the Orval, Rochefort and other beers I had.

Brewery: Brouwerij Bosteels
Country: Belgium
ABV: 8.0%

 

No comments:

Post a Comment