Friday 10 January 2014

Beer #164 - Timothy Taylor's Landlord

This post features one of my all-time favourite beers, Timothy Taylor’s Landlord. Despite its home being in West Yorkshire this brew is widely available in London and as a result I’ve had many, many pints of it over the years. Timothy Taylor is one of Britain’s remaining regional brewers and was founded back in the mid-nineteenth century. Landlord is a superb pale bitter that has been awarded Champion Beer of Britain at the GBBF on four occasions and according to wiki, was targeted at miners as the brewery looked to take on their local rival Barnsley Bitter. It’s a really reliable performer on cask but I think this might possibly be the first time I’ve had it out of a bottle. Bottles are simply no replacement for cask beer but this still went down an absolute treat. I love you, Timothy Taylor.


Brewery: Timothy Taylor's
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 4.1% (4.3% on cask)

No comments:

Post a Comment