Monday 17 February 2014

Beer #178 - Thwaites Crafty Devil

Another annoying post for me to write as it’s the second duff pint I’ve had to put onto the blog. After my five a side football match on Wednesday we went to our regular haunt, The Compton Arms in Islington for a couple of beers. I was pretty happy to see that they had Thwaites Crafty Devil on, knowing that the brewery has put out some great beers lately including a couple of great beers lately. Unfortunately the beer had gone bad, it smelt like vinegar and didn’t taste much better. On asking for a refund the bar staff poured another pint and said that “it looks ok” without either smelling or tasting it. I was then given the immortal line: “people have been drinking it all evening and no-one else has complained”. Being an Englishman I didn’t fight it and begrudgingly drank as much of the foul liquid as I could. Being a 21st Century Englishman, I’m now going to bitch about it on my blog. I’ve had a lot of good beer at the Compton Arms and I’ve never before been served a dud pint. It’s a Greene King pub but they often have a decent guest or two on offer. However, it really irks me that two of their bar staff considered it acceptable to tell me that the beer was fine without tasting it or smelling it and to be honest, I think it should have been replaced no questions asked. Disappointing.
 
Brewery: Thwaites
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 4.3%


No comments:

Post a Comment