Friday 21 February 2014

Beer #180 - Mayfields Priory Pale Ale

This was another gift, this time from my girlfriend’s parents for Christmas. They bought me three Mayfields bottles amongst some other bits and pieces. I wasn’t particularly impressed with the first one I tried, Auntie Myrtle’s (although I posted it I’ve not got around to adding any notes as yet). This one however was pretty good. It pours a clear amber with very little head. The aroma is lovely, floral with spruce, it smells amazing. The body is pretty light thin and the flavour is distinctly citrus yet not overpowering with a distinctly bitter finish. Whilst some might consider the lightness of this offensive it was suited to my tastes and I enjoyed the way the hops were balanced. In the face of super-hoppy beers this is a nice sessionable option that could also introduce new drinkers to hop flavours without putting them off for good. Thumbs up.
 
Brewery: Mayfields Brewery
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 4.0%

No comments:

Post a Comment