Wednesday 26 February 2014

Beer #185 - Sambrook's Junction

On returning to London from my trip to Dartford, as mentioned in my last post, I took the train to Denmark Hill where I met some friends at The Phoenix, a beautiful pub within the station itself. The building is absolutely lovely and with good food on offer it’s well worth having a look in if you happen to be in the area. The beer line-up was a bit disappointing though really, with only two cask beers on, one of which was London Pride. The other was Sambrook’s Junction. I’m a big fan of Sambrook’s Wandle and I’ve been meaning to try some of their other beers for a while so this seemed as good a time as any. Junction is a solid beer but I wasn’t blown away by it. It’s an English bitter with some nice toffee malty tones and some definite spicy character with nutmeg fairly prominent. As I say it was good but not mindblowing, particularly in comparison with the Flintlock I’d enjoyed earlier in the day.

Brewery: Sambrook’s Brewery
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 4.5%


No comments:

Post a Comment