Tuesday 25 February 2014

Beer #184 - Musket Flintlock

On Saturday I travelled to Dartford in Kent to watch my beloved Hereford United play Dartford FC. On arrival in Dartford and en route to the ground I stopped into The Ivy Leaf on Darenth Road for a pre-match pint and a half. I also went to Dartford for the same fixture last season and found the pub friendly with a pretty good cask ale selection so was looking forward to returning. I went for the Flintlock Best Bitter from Musket Brewery, a microbrewery based in Kent. The brewery’s website appears to be down so I’m afraid I can’t provide you with any further information on that front. The beer was great though and I there isn’t much I enjoy more than discovering a really great English bitter. It was earthy with a lovely biscuit maltiness and was an absolute pleasure to drink. I could quite happily have spent the afternoon drinking this in Ivy Leaf but alas, I had to go and witness a 2-0 defeat for my team.

Brewery: Musket Brewery
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 4.2%

No comments:

Post a Comment