Saturday 1 March 2014

Beer #188 - Robinsons Trooper

This beer was brewed by Robinsons, a Lancashire brewery, in conjunction with Iron Maiden frontman Bruce Dickinson who is apparently a bit of a real ale enthusiast. The brewery had previously produced a beer in conjunction with Elbow which was pretty successful but apparently Trooper has been evenmore popular. I spotted this in bottles quite a while ago and must admit I wasn’t particularly desperate to try it, I imagined it as a generic beer marketed in a clever way. However following my five-a-side football on Wednesday I was back at the Compton Arms where they had it on cask so I decided to give it a go. It’s a pretty decent English bitter I suppose, it’s hard to think of any really distinguishing features. The one thing I did notice was that it poured with a thick, unusually creamy head. It was malt forward with a hint of caramel and pretty solid. Yes, a good solid bitter but not one that’ll blow you away. The pump clip is pretty cool though, eh?
 
Brewery: Robinsons
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 4.8%

No comments:

Post a Comment