Friday 7 March 2014

Beer #192 - Anspach & Hobday The Smoked Brown

Beer two of 11 from my visit to the Bermondsey Beer Mile.  As Anspach & Hobday currently produce just three beers it seemed rude not to try at least two of them so following The Porter my friend and I went for a bottle of The Smoked Brown. I particularly love the label on this one, I think A&H have branded themselves very well (someone knows what they're doing) and the firemen are my favourite of the labels that have been produced so far. Anyway, the beer. The Smoked Brown pours a hazy dark brown with a creamy-beige head. I wasn't really sure if I expected to like this or not but it was another winner. Some caramel on the nose and less smokiness in the taste than I anticipated; you can pick out the hoppy bitterness, some nice malt in their too and the smoke comes through on the finish, although not strongly. It's beautifully balanced and very drinkable, like the Porter the word that comes to mind is mellow. Good beer.

Brewery: Anspach & Hobday
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 6.0%

No comments:

Post a Comment