Friday 7 March 2014

Beer #193 - Brew By Numbers 02|01 Golden Ale Motueka & Pacific Jade

Beer three of 11 from my visit to the Bermondsey Beer Mile. Second stop of the day (after a quick bite to eat from Maltby Market) was Brew By Numbers. Fresh from the keg at BBNo we went for a Golden Ale. This poured a cloudy golden colour and looked good enough to drink as we stood outside the brewery in the sun. On the nose...well, it's an IPA surely? A big citrus fruit aroma. The same with the taste, you get that bitter hop taste that comes with a US style IPA, its grapefruit, bitter orange, dry and crisp yet really quite refreshing. I wouldn't have ordinarily thought this would be my cup of tea but I liked it a lot despite the bitterness, perhaps there is something to be said for drinking this sort of thing very fresh. Three beers into the day and I had enjoyed every one!



Brewery: Brew By Numbers
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 5.2%    


No comments:

Post a Comment