Tuesday 1 April 2014

Beer #210 - Wye Valley Butty Bach

Last weekend my sister got married which meant a trip home to Herefordshire for a few days. On the Friday the family was tasked with decorating the barn that had been hired for the reception/party but progress was so great that the blokes were able to abscond to the pub for a mid-afternoon pint. The local was The Walwyn Arms in Much Marcle, the Herefordshire village that is home to Weston’s Cider and perhaps more notoriously, the birthplace of Fred West. I’m afraid I can’t really stomach cider anymore despite being practically brought up on Weston’s so despite being within sight of the cider-maker I went for a pint of Wye Valley’s Butty Bach. This ‘premium ale’ is brewed with Herefordshire hops for extra deliciousness (not that I’m biased) and to me is a super bitter. It pours a clear gold and is a lovely fruity, malty brew and perfect for a session.
 
Brewery: Wye Valley Brewery
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 4.5%

No comments:

Post a Comment