Monday 31 March 2014

Beer #209 - Leffe Blonde

I’m unable to recall how this came into my possession but I’d had this 750ml bottle of Leffe Blonde kicking around for a couple of months or so and thought it high time I drank it. Anyway Leffe probably won’t need an introduction to most beer fans; it’s been ubiquitous in UK supermarkets for as long as I can remember. Wiki suggests that the original brewery at the Notre Dame de Leffe Abbey was destroyed in the 18th century. Brewing resumed in 1952 and the brewery is now owned by the world-dominating AB InBev. Leffe Blonde is a decent Belgian blonde, pouring a clear gold colour with a thin white head. It looks fairly appetising and is fairly light and smooth. It’s unmistakably Belgian in flavour with a bit of sweetness and a hint of spice. It’s pretty good for a mass-produced brew.
 
Brewery: InBev Belgium
Country: Belgium
ABV: 6.6%

No comments:

Post a Comment