Friday 28 March 2014

Beer #208 - Fullers/Gales Seafarers Ale

Seafarers Ale is one of my very favourite ales and I’ve drunk countless pints of it over the last ten years or so. It was an ever-present at my old local, The Salisbury in Harringay, but since I moved I’ve not seen it about as much hence it only appearing on the blog now. Seafarers is produced by Fullers but is made using an old George Gale recipe from the now defunct Gales brewery of Hampshire. The brewery was bought by Fullers in 2005 and closed down in 2006 however many of its beers are still produced by Fullers in Chiswick. It’s a really great session bitter with a lovely caramel malt aroma with a nice malt profile that lends the beer a fruity flavour with hints of spice. Not much in the way of hoppy character but it’s just so drinkable that it doesn’t matter.


Brewery: Fuller's Brewery
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 3.6% 

No comments:

Post a Comment