Wednesday 30 April 2014

Beer #220 - Tripel Karmeliet

A couple of weekends ago the girlfriend and I decided to treat ourselves to lunch at Whole Foods Market in Kensington (I know, I live very well). For anyone that hasn’t been, the supermarket sells a pretty good range of beer from the UK, Europe and the US and if you do have a bite to eat there they offer a couple of decent bottles over their bar. I went for the Tripel Karmeliet as I’d had everything else on the menu and was glad I did. Whilst I like a lot of the strong Belgian beers I’ve had its often hard to find an appropriate time to drink them and I’ve still got half a dozen bottles of excellent Belgian beers on my bedroom floor from my trip to Brussels at the end of last year. However, whiling away a couple of hours in a foodie paradise is an excellent opportunity to drink such a beer. The beer pours a lovely gold with a lasting white head. On the nose its fruity with lemon, banana and orange. The taste is unmistakeably Belgian, with wheat and citrus flavours prominent. It’s wonderfully smooth and well-balanced though and that’s why I enjoyed it. The alcohol is well disguised and it’s thoroughly drinkable. A very good one.
 
Brewery: Brouwerij Bosteels
Country: Belgium
ABV: 8.4%

No comments:

Post a Comment