Friday 2 May 2014

Beer #222 - Wye Valley Dorothy Goodbody's Golden Ale

Over the Easter weekend I returned to Herefordshire for a few days of R+R at my parents’ house. I also took the opportunity to catch up with an old friend and together we took in a few of the city’s top pubs. We met at the Barrels, a Hereford institution and an absolute must visit for beer fans if you’re in town. The Barrels is Wye Valley Brewery’s flagship pub and indeed, used to house the brewery itself. It therefore stocks most of the brewery’s range either on cask or in bottle and as a bit of a Wye Valley fan-boy I’m in my element every time I go back. My first pint was a Dorothy Goodbody’s Golden Ale. This is a lovely, sessionable golden ale brewed with goldings and fuggles lending it a uniquely English taste. The taste is of hops which lend it a mild citrus bitterness and it’s very refreshing indeed. Another fine example of ‘how to do cask ale properly’.

 Brewery: Wye Valley Brewery
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 4.2%

No comments:

Post a Comment