Saturday 3 May 2014

Beer #223 - Wye Valley Dorothy Goodbody's Hoppity Hop

Following on from yesterday’s post, a second pint of Wye Valley at the Barrels. My second choice was a pint of Hoppity Hop, the brewery’s beer of the month for April. As it was a nice day I thought a nice refreshing hoppy pint with a bit of bite would be in order. I must say, however, that this was probably my least favourite Wye Valley beer yet.  It poured a slightly hazy golden straw colour and was light on the mouth feel. The hoppiness was just entirely lacking unfortunately. Where I was expecting some bitter, citrus punch I got a malt forward beer with an almost overwhelming biscuit flavour. It was by no means a bad beer but I’m used to better from this brewery.
 
Brewery: Wye Valley Brewery
Country: United Kingdom
ABV: 4.1%
 

No comments:

Post a Comment